Having problems seeing Mapped and Network Folders in the Browse for Folder
Posted by: Admin on 2nd May 2020 01:26:24.
Posted in Category: Using Mobiclean Pro
If you are having problems seeing your Network or Mapped drives in the Folder Browser here are a few things that may resolve the issue (try them in order - close MobicleanPro when doing these.):
- Try First: Locate the MobicleanPro.exe file in the folder you installed Mobiclean to (usually C:Program Files (x86)mobicleanpro) then right click the mobicleanPro.exe file and select the Compatibility Tab and then select Run in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 and Run as Administrator as shown below and click Apply:
If you are running MobicleanPro V10.1.8 do the same for mobicleanbackup.exe.
Then Run MobicleanPro and see if the mapped and network drives are now displayed in the Browse for Folder box.
- Second Item to Try: The following requires modifying the registry WARNING! Incorrect entries in your computer registry can render your PC in-operative, so only do this if you know what you are doing.
1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
2. Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem
3. Point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type EnableLinkedConnections, and then press ENTER.
5. Right-click EnableLinkedConnections, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
- Third Item to Try:
Left click "Start" and left click the "Settings".
Left click "Update and Security" and left click "Windows Security"
In the Windows Security window, left click "Virus & threat protection"
At the bottom of the virus & threat protection window, left click on "manage settings"
In the Manage Settings window, scroll down to "Controlled folder access" and left click "Manage Controlled Folder Access"
Left click on "Allow an app through Controlled Folder Access"
Click on "Yes" on the window that asks "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device"
In the new window that opens, left click on the "+ Add an allowed app"
Left click on "Browse all apps" and search for and left click on "mobicleanPro.exe"
Exit Windows security and reboot.
No Comments Yet! - Be the first to comment.